Fido X2 Firmware Ver. 1.10 was released on June 30, 2017.
To download the newest version of firmware click on the Downloads section from the Service Portal home page.
- Click on Fido X2.
- In the Software section, click on Current Firmware V1.10- released 30 June 2017 and save the file to your computer.
- Connect the Fido X2 through a USB port. It will show up as an external drive.
- Drag and drop the firmware V1.10 file into the Fido X2 external drive.
- Unplug the Fido X2 and the system will automatically update and shutdown.
- After the next power-up, the system will be updated.
Summary of Changes in this Version:
- System Temperature will stabilize quicker and overshoot less when removing and installing the thermal desorber and vapor head.
- A free-sniff mode for vapor detection was added using X3 style bar graphs. The feature includes audio cues, and continuous file saving.
- A “Manual Verify” entry was added to the Settings menu so that users can manually trigger a verification.
- Added new help videos for vapor head and various revised help videos.
- System now requests verify every hour in free-sniff mode.
- When verification continues to fail, the Clean Tip and other troubleshooting videos were added to the failure screen.
- When verification fails, the 90 second wait recommendation was changed to a 30 second lockout, followed by 60 second counter with a user “Skip” option. A disclaimer message was added for postponing and skipping verification.
- A new sensing element must pass verification before the system will operate. There is no “Later” option for a new sensing element.
- Detection algorithm improvements were made to increase the probability of detection, reduce the false alarm rate and improve the accuracy of explosive classification.
If you have questions regarding this Firmware update, please contact James Sanders at James.Sanders@flir.com